Feb 15, 2019
Prior to enrolling in the McIntire School, a student must complete the following courses:
Note: Requirements as defined in the Record, College of Arts and Sciences chapter, area requirements section. Three humanities credits are required prior to enrollment. Three additional humanities credits (which may include additional ENWR) will be required before graduation and may be taken either before or after entering the McIntire School.
- Humanities/Fine Arts Credits: 3-6
Suggested Year: 1st or 2nd
- Foreign Language Credits: 0-14
Suggested Year: 1st or 2nd
Third-Year Core Curriculum
During the third year a student must complete the following core curriculum in sequence
during the fall and spring semesters:
Students must declare a concentration and complete the following courses:
- COMM ___ Two courses from the following list of electives: Credits: 6
- COMM 5100 - Accounting Information Systems Credits: 3
- COMM 5140 - Strategic Cost Management Credits: 3
- COMM 5150 - Introductory Auditing Credits: 3
- COMM 5130 - Advanced Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- COMM 5450 - Federal Taxation I Credits: 3
- COMM 5460 - Federal Taxation II Credits: 3
Recommended in third year, may be completed fourth year.
Third or Fourth Year
Recommended in third year, may be taken fourth year.
- Two 4000-level Information Technology courses or
- One 4000-level Information Technology course and
One Management course from the following list:
Students are encouraged to study abroad in a chosen country or region.
- COMM 4__ Three 4000- level management courses Credits: 9
- COMM 4330 can count as a management elective, but it cannot count for both management and marketing
- COMM 4200 can count as a management elective, but it cannot count for both management and information technology
- COMM 4__ Two 4000- level marketing courses Credits: 6
Students are required to earn 3-6 credits in Commerce electives from among 3000- and 4000- level courses after enrollment in The McIntire School of Commerce.
After enrollment, students may take any courses necessary to complete the 51-credit requirement.
Students must earn 120 credits for the Bachelor of Science in Commerce. Of these:
- 54 credits must be in Commerce courses and ECON 2010 and 2020;
- 51 credits must be in non-Commerce courses (excluding ECON 2010 and ECON 2020);
- 15 credits may be in either Commerce or non-Commerce courses.
Students must earn the following minimum credits after enrollment at McIntire:
- 57 total credits;
- 39 credits in Commerce, including:
- 24 credits of core courses;
- 9-12 credits of courses in a concentration;
- 3-6 elective credits 0
Students must achieve at least a 2.000 grade point average for:
- all course work completed;
- all Commerce courses and ECON 2010 and 2020;
- course work taken during the semester immediately preceding graduation. This semester must be completed in good academic standing (see Probation).